Department of Linguistics
Get the edge. Get the grades. Get UniWISE!
- An online resource developed by the Learning Skills Unit that provides students with the academic language and learning skills necessary for achieving success in their studies at Macquarie University. For information about the UniWISE online learning resources, please access the UniWISE iLearn unit.
- An online and on-campus orientation event run by Mentors@Macquarie.
For face-to-face assistance with your study-related needs, please go to the Learning Help Desk located in the Library foyer. For guidance on particular issues such as interpreting assignment questions, writing more effectively, and using appropriate learning strategies, a Learning Adviser is available between 12pm-2pm. Mentors@Macquarie student volunteers at the desk can answer any general study questions. Hours: 10am-4pm from Mondays to Fridays during semester.
- Campus Wellbeing is committed to providing a range of high level support and assistance for both Students and Staff at Macquarie, through the delivery of services in: counselling, medical, disability and welfare. Please look at their website for other support availale.
Other Support Available
Please go here for further information on academic advice, accommodation, career service, international students student service, IT help, numeracy workshop, student enquiries, study skills and writing skills.
Sources of Information and Advice
- Academic and Administrative Advice
- Student Advocacy
- Learning Skills Help Desk
- Linguistics Research Seminar Series
- Student Enquiry Service
Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.
Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatu